Monday, February 09, 2009

The Partisan

…and just this morning the feds came across our border.
I grabbed my rifle and took off for the hills. I cursed as
I ran, with tears in my eyes, for no-one would come
with me. I was all alone.

But now I see, it was all my fault. I laughed and laughed
when the old man named Paul raised his voice to speak.
But the others laughed too. And many screamed and cried
for FREEDOM but nobody heard that too. I never had the
guts to talk to strangers. Born in Virginia, we held our tongues.
I didn’t talk to neighbors and I wrote e-mail only to those
that would understand.


This afternoon there were five of us. We had met along
the way and had decided to travel east and hook up with
friends. We travelled overland; the roads were too dangerous.

We had gotten as far as Cold Harbor. But there were federal
troops guarding the bridge and we headed back to a farm we
had passed. A fed truck passed on the highway as we topped
a hill, shots were fired by troops and one of ours was killed.

At the farm an old woman hid us in the barn. She never
spoke a word when the U.N. patrol shot her and so we
ran again; this time hiding in the woods.

Next day we got stopped trying to cross the road at
Miller’s Dry Goods. Shots rang out! Smoke, men yelling
and now there are just two of us. There are stains of
blood on my clothes and a bullet had cut a clean hole
in my coat but not my flesh.

There was very little ammunition, we had no food but
thankfully no health problems, yet.

We had to get to Colonel Grayson’s militia; our only hope.
We found some food and had a small meal at an old abandoned
cabin but in the morning as we departed, the crack of a
sniper’s rifle cut my companion down. I fought for a short
while but the cabin was surrounded.

They dragged me out, angry because I had taken out a few
of them before the door gave way and six feds and two Brits
grabbed and tied my bleeding hands. They read the orders
and took me to the wall but just before they shot me, I heard
myself scream…
FREEDOM!

(Aide-toi, le ciel t'aidera)

9 Comments:

At February 10, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,

This is a really well done story...I admire your creativity and dedication. Even if I was creative enough to come up with something like that, the day of reckoning would probably pass before I got it finished.

Mike

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Blogger woofmetoo said...

Thank you brother, creative, gripping and short.Hits HOME ...names of places familiar makes it all too real.

Even the short attention spanned can finish this.

Will they hear the warning now?
Can they read the writing on the blog?

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm going to be killed by either local or state or federal or UN troops for being viewed as a threat by their tyranical masters I'll make my stand right where I live, on my property, in my home, with those I love. I will not run and hide for when I do I immediately lose what little freedom I still have. They have won.

I'll kill or maim as many of them as I'm able on my property before they incapacitate or kill me. I'll not defend myself someplace else, to give myself a few more hours of life. I will be free from this body-suit as soon as it is killed, but my soul, my essence will survive to be inside a new body-suit, wherever and whenever that might be. I do not fear death as it is as inevitable as there is a tomorrow.

FREEDOM,
Dean

 
At March 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Viva la R3volution

 
At March 5, 2009 at 10:25 AM, Blogger dljholt said...

A well written story that is fiction for now but is likely the reality of our future.

dljholt

 
At March 11, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest not waiting until they start picking us off one by one:

http://willowtown.com/promo/quotes.htm

 
At March 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Anonymous, I am devouring the quotes!

They're FANTASTIC! Everyone should read them!!!

 
At July 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

the sheeple can read...but can they comprehend...
if they can , they should be furious

 
At August 5, 2017 at 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tony,it's eight years later ~ 2017
How'zit goin'?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home